Feb 8, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville was none too pleased with Radim Vrbata‘s second-period power play goal in Friday’s 2-0 loss to Phoenix:
The issue appeared to be with Antoine Vermette‘s screen in front, as his stick made contact with ‘Hawks goalie Corey Crawford. The play was made even more contentious by the fact that Chicago was put shorthanded after Brandon Saad was whistled for goalie interference on Phoenix’s Mike Smith.
Tonight wasn’t great for the ‘Hawks in any facet. In addition to losing, they were shut out for the first time in nearly two full calendar years and were without the services of both Patrick Kane (personal) and Johnny Oduya (lower-body).
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5