Feb 8, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues go into the Olympic break on a winning note, thanks to a 4-3 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets in a battle of Central Division teams on Saturday.
Tarasenko, the talented 22-year-old Russian forward, is three-for-five in the shootout, while Oshie has been perfect on home ice in this aspect. He’s four-for-four in St. Louis, and 7-for-10 on the season.
From NHL.com (read the full version here).
St. Louis improved to 15-0-1 against divisional opponents. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock passed Scotty Bowman into sole possession of fourth place for all-time franchise victories with 111.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)