Feb 8, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues go into the Olympic break on a winning note, thanks to a 4-3 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets in a battle of Central Division teams on Saturday.
Tarasenko, the talented 22-year-old Russian forward, is three-for-five in the shootout, while Oshie has been perfect on home ice in this aspect. He’s four-for-four in St. Louis, and 7-for-10 on the season.
From NHL.com (read the full version here).
St. Louis improved to 15-0-1 against divisional opponents. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock passed Scotty Bowman into sole possession of fourth place for all-time franchise victories with 111.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)