Feb 8, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Tanguay took part in three of four games before he went back on the sidelines due to a sore knee. He’ll miss his fifth straight contest tonight.
The good news is that the team doesn’t appear to be overly concerned about Tanguay, according to the Denver Post. That’s in contrast to his condition a couple months back when it looked like he might need surgery.
As it is, there’s a chance that Tanguay will rejoin the Avalanche as soon as the Olympic break is over.
On the rare occasions that Tanguay has been healthy this season, he’s been effective with four goals and 11 points in 16 contests.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)