Feb 8, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Tanguay took part in three of four games before he went back on the sidelines due to a sore knee. He’ll miss his fifth straight contest tonight.
The good news is that the team doesn’t appear to be overly concerned about Tanguay, according to the Denver Post. That’s in contrast to his condition a couple months back when it looked like he might need surgery.
As it is, there’s a chance that Tanguay will rejoin the Avalanche as soon as the Olympic break is over.
On the rare occasions that Tanguay has been healthy this season, he’s been effective with four goals and 11 points in 16 contests.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 6
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 21
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)