Feb 8, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Tanguay took part in three of four games before he went back on the sidelines due to a sore knee. He’ll miss his fifth straight contest tonight.
The good news is that the team doesn’t appear to be overly concerned about Tanguay, according to the Denver Post. That’s in contrast to his condition a couple months back when it looked like he might need surgery.
As it is, there’s a chance that Tanguay will rejoin the Avalanche as soon as the Olympic break is over.
On the rare occasions that Tanguay has been healthy this season, he’s been effective with four goals and 11 points in 16 contests.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)