Feb 8, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Tanguay took part in three of four games before he went back on the sidelines due to a sore knee. He’ll miss his fifth straight contest tonight.
The good news is that the team doesn’t appear to be overly concerned about Tanguay, according to the Denver Post. That’s in contrast to his condition a couple months back when it looked like he might need surgery.
As it is, there’s a chance that Tanguay will rejoin the Avalanche as soon as the Olympic break is over.
On the rare occasions that Tanguay has been healthy this season, he’s been effective with four goals and 11 points in 16 contests.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)