Feb 8, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
Immonen and Salminen have both been playing for the KHL’s Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo this season. Salminen, 25, ranks sixth in the league with 46 points in 50 games. Immonen, 31, has 13 goals and 23 assists in 50 contests. He was also a member of the Finnish squad that got a bronze medal in 2010, although he didn’t record a point in that tournament.
With those additions, Finland now has eight KHL players on their roster, just two less than Russia.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4