Feb 8, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
Immonen and Salminen have both been playing for the KHL’s Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo this season. Salminen, 25, ranks sixth in the league with 46 points in 50 games. Immonen, 31, has 13 goals and 23 assists in 50 contests. He was also a member of the Finnish squad that got a bronze medal in 2010, although he didn’t record a point in that tournament.
With those additions, Finland now has eight KHL players on their roster, just two less than Russia.
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 3
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14