Feb 8, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
Immonen and Salminen have both been playing for the KHL’s Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo this season. Salminen, 25, ranks sixth in the league with 46 points in 50 games. Immonen, 31, has 13 goals and 23 assists in 50 contests. He was also a member of the Finnish squad that got a bronze medal in 2010, although he didn’t record a point in that tournament.
With those additions, Finland now has eight KHL players on their roster, just two less than Russia.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54