Feb 8, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
An ESPN report revealed that members of the United States selection’ committee had some serious concerns about the Ottawa Senators forward, including Calgary Flames president Brian Burke’s remark that Ryan “can’t spell intense.”
Ultimately, the best counterargument Ryan could have offered would have been a hot streak, but instead he’s going through his worst patch of the campaign with two goals and six points in 18 contests.
“We’re not concerned about it at all,” Senators coach Paul MacLean insisted, according to the Ottawa Citizen. “(Ryan) has to keep working at it. He had five, six, seven or eight (shot) attempts (in Thursday’s 3-2 win over Buffalo). They’re going to go in. It’s a matter of time.”
Unfortunately time isn’t on the 26-year-old forward’s side. He’ll play at 3:00 p.m. ET today against Boston and then he’ll start his vacation.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63