Feb 7, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Nail Yakupov displayed he can help win a game with one shot.
The Edmonton Oilers’ sophomore forward, maligned at times this season as a healthy scratch and a concussion, scored the game winner on a rocket of a slap shot with less than two minutes remaining in regulation against the New York Rangers on Thursday. The goal broke a 1-1 deadlock, as the Oilers came away with the 2-1 win.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25