Feb 7, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Nail Yakupov displayed he can help win a game with one shot.
The Edmonton Oilers’ sophomore forward, maligned at times this season as a healthy scratch and a concussion, scored the game winner on a rocket of a slap shot with less than two minutes remaining in regulation against the New York Rangers on Thursday. The goal broke a 1-1 deadlock, as the Oilers came away with the 2-1 win.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63