Feb 7, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Nail Yakupov displayed he can help win a game with one shot.
The Edmonton Oilers’ sophomore forward, maligned at times this season as a healthy scratch and a concussion, scored the game winner on a rocket of a slap shot with less than two minutes remaining in regulation against the New York Rangers on Thursday. The goal broke a 1-1 deadlock, as the Oilers came away with the 2-1 win.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45