Feb 7, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne won’t be suiting up in the Anaheim Ducks’ final game before the Olympic break.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register reports Selanne did not make the trip with the team to Nashville and stayed home to rest up and leave for Sochi on Sunday. The Ducks face the Predators on Saturday night while Selanne will represent Finland at the Olympics.
Before you freak out thinking Selanne did this on his own, he didn’t. Stephens says Ducks GM Bob Murray and coach Bruce Boudreau all discussed it with Selanne and decided it was best for him to do things this way.
This season, Selanne, 43, has been taking some nights off, generally the second game of back-to-back games on the road. The Ducks last played on Wednesday against Chicago.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)