Feb 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
A few players are on the move to and from the minor leagues…
Sabres send down Ruhwedel and Varone
Along with Linus Omark being placed on waivers, the Buffalo Sabres sent defenseman Chad Ruhwedel and forward Phil Varone down to AHL Rochester ahead of the Olympic roster freeze. Both players are young and need to keep playing games to further develop, and doing that in Rochester is the right (and expected) move. The Sabres played their final game before the Olympic break last night, losing 3-2 to the Ottawa Senators.
Predators send down Beck
Nashville sent forward Taylor Beck to AHL Milwaukee. In seven games for the Preds, Beck has yet to record a point this season. He’s played 23 total games in his career, scoring three goals and four assists last season.
Jets recall Postma
Winnipeg recalled defenseman Paul Postma from St. John’s and activated him from injured reserve. Postma had been there on a conditioning stint following a blood clot issue. He’ll look to crack the Jets blue line that’s since seen Dustin Byfuglien moved to forward.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)