Feb 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
A few players are on the move to and from the minor leagues…
Sabres send down Ruhwedel and Varone
Along with Linus Omark being placed on waivers, the Buffalo Sabres sent defenseman Chad Ruhwedel and forward Phil Varone down to AHL Rochester ahead of the Olympic roster freeze. Both players are young and need to keep playing games to further develop, and doing that in Rochester is the right (and expected) move. The Sabres played their final game before the Olympic break last night, losing 3-2 to the Ottawa Senators.
Predators send down Beck
Nashville sent forward Taylor Beck to AHL Milwaukee. In seven games for the Preds, Beck has yet to record a point this season. He’s played 23 total games in his career, scoring three goals and four assists last season.
Jets recall Postma
Winnipeg recalled defenseman Paul Postma from St. John’s and activated him from injured reserve. Postma had been there on a conditioning stint following a blood clot issue. He’ll look to crack the Jets blue line that’s since seen Dustin Byfuglien moved to forward.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11