Feb 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
A few players are on the move to and from the minor leagues…
Sabres send down Ruhwedel and Varone
Along with Linus Omark being placed on waivers, the Buffalo Sabres sent defenseman Chad Ruhwedel and forward Phil Varone down to AHL Rochester ahead of the Olympic roster freeze. Both players are young and need to keep playing games to further develop, and doing that in Rochester is the right (and expected) move. The Sabres played their final game before the Olympic break last night, losing 3-2 to the Ottawa Senators.
Predators send down Beck
Nashville sent forward Taylor Beck to AHL Milwaukee. In seven games for the Preds, Beck has yet to record a point this season. He’s played 23 total games in his career, scoring three goals and four assists last season.
Jets recall Postma
Winnipeg recalled defenseman Paul Postma from St. John’s and activated him from injured reserve. Postma had been there on a conditioning stint following a blood clot issue. He’ll look to crack the Jets blue line that’s since seen Dustin Byfuglien moved to forward.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3