Feb 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
A few players are on the move to and from the minor leagues…
Sabres send down Ruhwedel and Varone
Along with Linus Omark being placed on waivers, the Buffalo Sabres sent defenseman Chad Ruhwedel and forward Phil Varone down to AHL Rochester ahead of the Olympic roster freeze. Both players are young and need to keep playing games to further develop, and doing that in Rochester is the right (and expected) move. The Sabres played their final game before the Olympic break last night, losing 3-2 to the Ottawa Senators.
Predators send down Beck
Nashville sent forward Taylor Beck to AHL Milwaukee. In seven games for the Preds, Beck has yet to record a point this season. He’s played 23 total games in his career, scoring three goals and four assists last season.
Jets recall Postma
Winnipeg recalled defenseman Paul Postma from St. John’s and activated him from injured reserve. Postma had been there on a conditioning stint following a blood clot issue. He’ll look to crack the Jets blue line that’s since seen Dustin Byfuglien moved to forward.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 34
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25