Feb 7, 2014, 2:29 AM EST
Update: It’s official.
Johansson has seven goals and 27 assists for Washington this season. His 34 points puts the 23-year-old third in team scoring while averaging 17:33 of ice time per game.
Sedin (ribs) announced Thursday that he was physically unable to play for Sweden in Sochi.
“I’m disappointed not to be physically able to represent my country at the Winter Olympic Games,” said Sedin in a release. “This is a difficult decision but ultimately the best decision for me personally, Team Sweden and the Vancouver Canucks. I wish my teammates the best and look forward to returning to play.”
Sweden opens its Olympic tournament Wednesday versus the Czech Republic.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14