Feb 7, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
With all the bluster and rumors swirling about ahead of the Olympic roster freeze at 3 p.m. ET today, it proved to be all bluster leaving the real trade deadline on March 5 set to be the busy one.
Only one minor trade was made as the Columbus Blue Jackets sent minor league defenseman Blake Parlett to the Boston Bruins in exchange for minor league forward Carter Camper.
The Jackets acquiring Camper makes for a nice homecoming. He played college hockey at Miami University in Oxford, OH and was signed by the Bruins as a free agent in 2011. He played in three games for Boston in February 2012 and scored a goal. He had eight goals and 23 assists this season for AHL Providence.
Parlett has yet to crack the NHL and had four goals and 14 assists for Springfield.
Teams can again start making trades again on February 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)