Feb 7, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
With all the bluster and rumors swirling about ahead of the Olympic roster freeze at 3 p.m. ET today, it proved to be all bluster leaving the real trade deadline on March 5 set to be the busy one.
Only one minor trade was made as the Columbus Blue Jackets sent minor league defenseman Blake Parlett to the Boston Bruins in exchange for minor league forward Carter Camper.
The Jackets acquiring Camper makes for a nice homecoming. He played college hockey at Miami University in Oxford, OH and was signed by the Bruins as a free agent in 2011. He played in three games for Boston in February 2012 and scored a goal. He had eight goals and 23 assists this season for AHL Providence.
Parlett has yet to crack the NHL and had four goals and 14 assists for Springfield.
Teams can again start making trades again on February 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)