Feb 7, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
With all the bluster and rumors swirling about ahead of the Olympic roster freeze at 3 p.m. ET today, it proved to be all bluster leaving the real trade deadline on March 5 set to be the busy one.
Only one minor trade was made as the Columbus Blue Jackets sent minor league defenseman Blake Parlett to the Boston Bruins in exchange for minor league forward Carter Camper.
The Jackets acquiring Camper makes for a nice homecoming. He played college hockey at Miami University in Oxford, OH and was signed by the Bruins as a free agent in 2011. He played in three games for Boston in February 2012 and scored a goal. He had eight goals and 23 assists this season for AHL Providence.
Parlett has yet to crack the NHL and had four goals and 14 assists for Springfield.
Teams can again start making trades again on February 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15