Feb 7, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
With all the bluster and rumors swirling about ahead of the Olympic roster freeze at 3 p.m. ET today, it proved to be all bluster leaving the real trade deadline on March 5 set to be the busy one.
Only one minor trade was made as the Columbus Blue Jackets sent minor league defenseman Blake Parlett to the Boston Bruins in exchange for minor league forward Carter Camper.
The Jackets acquiring Camper makes for a nice homecoming. He played college hockey at Miami University in Oxford, OH and was signed by the Bruins as a free agent in 2011. He played in three games for Boston in February 2012 and scored a goal. He had eight goals and 23 assists this season for AHL Providence.
Parlett has yet to crack the NHL and had four goals and 14 assists for Springfield.
Teams can again start making trades again on February 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)