Feb 7, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
With all the bluster and rumors swirling about ahead of the Olympic roster freeze at 3 p.m. ET today, it proved to be all bluster leaving the real trade deadline on March 5 set to be the busy one.
Only one minor trade was made as the Columbus Blue Jackets sent minor league defenseman Blake Parlett to the Boston Bruins in exchange for minor league forward Carter Camper.
The Jackets acquiring Camper makes for a nice homecoming. He played college hockey at Miami University in Oxford, OH and was signed by the Bruins as a free agent in 2011. He played in three games for Boston in February 2012 and scored a goal. He had eight goals and 23 assists this season for AHL Providence.
Parlett has yet to crack the NHL and had four goals and 14 assists for Springfield.
Teams can again start making trades again on February 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)