Feb 7, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have updated GM David Poile’s condition after he was struck in the face by a puck at team practice in St. Paul, MN yesterday.
The Preds say Poile underwent two surgical procedures to his eye and nose and received stitches for facial lacerations due to the errant puck.
Poile is also the GM of Team USA and having to make a stop at the hospital to get work done is putting a cramp in his schedule to get to Sochi.
The Preds say he won’t be traveling with the team to Russia on Sunday but will join them later on when he’s in better shape.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)