Feb 7, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have updated GM David Poile’s condition after he was struck in the face by a puck at team practice in St. Paul, MN yesterday.
The Preds say Poile underwent two surgical procedures to his eye and nose and received stitches for facial lacerations due to the errant puck.
Poile is also the GM of Team USA and having to make a stop at the hospital to get work done is putting a cramp in his schedule to get to Sochi.
The Preds say he won’t be traveling with the team to Russia on Sunday but will join them later on when he’s in better shape.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)