Feb 7, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have updated GM David Poile’s condition after he was struck in the face by a puck at team practice in St. Paul, MN yesterday.
The Preds say Poile underwent two surgical procedures to his eye and nose and received stitches for facial lacerations due to the errant puck.
Poile is also the GM of Team USA and having to make a stop at the hospital to get work done is putting a cramp in his schedule to get to Sochi.
The Preds say he won’t be traveling with the team to Russia on Sunday but will join them later on when he’s in better shape.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)