Feb 7, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have updated GM David Poile’s condition after he was struck in the face by a puck at team practice in St. Paul, MN yesterday.
The Preds say Poile underwent two surgical procedures to his eye and nose and received stitches for facial lacerations due to the errant puck.
Poile is also the GM of Team USA and having to make a stop at the hospital to get work done is putting a cramp in his schedule to get to Sochi.
The Preds say he won’t be traveling with the team to Russia on Sunday but will join them later on when he’s in better shape.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)