Feb 7, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Dan Hamhuis will be back in the Vancouver Canucks lineup as they hope to snap their six-game losing streak against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Hamhuis has missed the past three games, but skated at practice today in Toronto and said he’s ready to play as Luke Fox of Sportsnet shares.
“I felt good today. I was just being cautious to make sure everything was 100 percent. I didn’t want anything to regress and go backwards,” Hamhuis said. “With the slump we’re going through, it’s tough not to play in those games. And with the Olympics coming up, I want to make sure my body’s healthy. I’m really happy that the injury has come around quickly.”
After playing the Maple Leafs on Saturday, Hamhuis is headed to Sochi as part of Team Canada.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)