Feb 7, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Dan Hamhuis will be back in the Vancouver Canucks lineup as they hope to snap their six-game losing streak against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Hamhuis has missed the past three games, but skated at practice today in Toronto and said he’s ready to play as Luke Fox of Sportsnet shares.
“I felt good today. I was just being cautious to make sure everything was 100 percent. I didn’t want anything to regress and go backwards,” Hamhuis said. “With the slump we’re going through, it’s tough not to play in those games. And with the Olympics coming up, I want to make sure my body’s healthy. I’m really happy that the injury has come around quickly.”
After playing the Maple Leafs on Saturday, Hamhuis is headed to Sochi as part of Team Canada.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 0
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)