Feb 7, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
The incident occurred midway through the second period, but there was no penalty called on the play. The stickwork was in retaliation for a hit Pelletier — called up from AHL Utica — had landed moments earlier.
There does not appear to be any video available of said incident, but we’ll try to track some down. Emelin doesn’t have any past history as a repeat offender, but did avoid a supplemental discipline hearing earlier this year after hitting Flyers forward Steve Downie in the head.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5