Feb 7, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Bishop, who has been injured twice in the past two weeks, made it through the first two periods against Toronto — allowing only one goal on 22 shots — before leaving during the second intermission. He was replaced by Cedrick Desjardins, who is only with Tampa Bay because of an ankle injury to back up goalie Anders Lindback.
As mentioned, it’s been a rough go for Bishop of late. He was forced to leave a game against Ottawa last week (the same one Lindback suffered his injury in) after colliding with teammate Nikita Kucherov and, prior to that, missed three games in mid-January with a sprained wrist.
Bishop is currently listed as day-to-day. The Bolts have just one game left until the Olympic break — Saturday versus Detroit — and it’s unclear at the moment if Bishop will be healthy enough to play… or if Tampa will head into the Olympics with a one-two goalie punch of Desjardins and Gudlevskis.
Speaking of the Olympics, Gudlevskis is the only one of the four Tampa Bay goalies on his way over to Sochi this weekend, as he’s part of the Latvian team that’ll kick off play on Wednesday against Switzerland.
In another move, Tampa recalled 2011 first-rounder Vlad Namestnikov from Syracuse, to replace injured forward Valtteri Filppula.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 32
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 44
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)