Feb 7, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Bishop, who has been injured twice in the past two weeks, made it through the first two periods against Toronto — allowing only one goal on 22 shots — before leaving during the second intermission. He was replaced by Cedrick Desjardins, who is only with Tampa Bay because of an ankle injury to back up goalie Anders Lindback.
As mentioned, it’s been a rough go for Bishop of late. He was forced to leave a game against Ottawa last week (the same one Lindback suffered his injury in) after colliding with teammate Nikita Kucherov and, prior to that, missed three games in mid-January with a sprained wrist.
Bishop is currently listed as day-to-day. The Bolts have just one game left until the Olympic break — Saturday versus Detroit — and it’s unclear at the moment if Bishop will be healthy enough to play… or if Tampa will head into the Olympics with a one-two goalie punch of Desjardins and Gudlevskis.
Speaking of the Olympics, Gudlevskis is the only one of the four Tampa Bay goalies on his way over to Sochi this weekend, as he’s part of the Latvian team that’ll kick off play on Wednesday against Switzerland.
In another move, Tampa recalled 2011 first-rounder Vlad Namestnikov from Syracuse, to replace injured forward Valtteri Filppula.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)