Feb 7, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
The silver lining for the Lightning is that this occurred right before the Olympic break and his timetable suggests that he should be available in three weeks, so he might not end up missing many NHL games. This has to be a tough pill for Filppula to swallow though as he was just days away from representing Finland in the 2014 Winter Games.
Filppula was part of Finland’s bronze medal run in 2010 and contributed three goals in six games. Since then he’s emerged as a strong top-six forward and most recently has been a big part of the Lightning’s success during Steven Stamkos‘ absence.
Filppula has 20 goals and 41 points in 56 contests in 2013-14.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 67
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)