Feb 7, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Brown was handed a minor penalty for charging after he caught the Blue Jackets blue liner with a hit that appeared to be to the head, as Murray was reaching forward to play the puck during the second period of Thursday’s game between the two clubs. Murray was almost completely on his knees at the point of contact.
“It’s a fine hit…At this point, I don’t know if we’re allowed to hit anymore,” said Brown, as per Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider.
“It’s just one of those plays where he kind of bails, and I’m coming in for the hit,” he added.
The Blue Jackets, who came out of this game with a 2-1 overtime loss, disagree with Brown’s assertion of the play.
“The way I saw it, our player was vulnerable … primary point of contact was the head,” said Blue Jackets’ head coach Todd Richards, as per Rob Mixer. “It’s a forearm to the chin. And the player (Brown) has done it before.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)