Feb 7, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Brown was handed a minor penalty for charging after he caught the Blue Jackets blue liner with a hit that appeared to be to the head, as Murray was reaching forward to play the puck during the second period of Thursday’s game between the two clubs. Murray was almost completely on his knees at the point of contact.
“It’s a fine hit…At this point, I don’t know if we’re allowed to hit anymore,” said Brown, as per Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider.
“It’s just one of those plays where he kind of bails, and I’m coming in for the hit,” he added.
The Blue Jackets, who came out of this game with a 2-1 overtime loss, disagree with Brown’s assertion of the play.
“The way I saw it, our player was vulnerable … primary point of contact was the head,” said Blue Jackets’ head coach Todd Richards, as per Rob Mixer. “It’s a forearm to the chin. And the player (Brown) has done it before.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)