Feb 6, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
It appears Max Pacioretty will go down in the history books, but he might not celebrate the moment.
The Montreal Canadiens forward was awarded not one but two penalty shots in the second period of Thursday’s game against the visiting Vancouver Canucks. Now, the only problem was he was unsuccessful on both opportunities, with Roberto Luongo making saves on the two separate attempts.
Now, we joke. But he did also score the hat trick in this game. And the Canadiens won by a final score of 5-2. So, it wasn’t all bad. The Canucks, by the way, lost their sixth consecutive game.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 0
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 10
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 40
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38