Feb 6, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
It appears Max Pacioretty will go down in the history books, but he might not celebrate the moment.
The Montreal Canadiens forward was awarded not one but two penalty shots in the second period of Thursday’s game against the visiting Vancouver Canucks. Now, the only problem was he was unsuccessful on both opportunities, with Roberto Luongo making saves on the two separate attempts.
Now, we joke. But he did also score the hat trick in this game. And the Canadiens won by a final score of 5-2. So, it wasn’t all bad. The Canucks, by the way, lost their sixth consecutive game.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13