Feb 6, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
It appears Max Pacioretty will go down in the history books, but he might not celebrate the moment.
The Montreal Canadiens forward was awarded not one but two penalty shots in the second period of Thursday’s game against the visiting Vancouver Canucks. Now, the only problem was he was unsuccessful on both opportunities, with Roberto Luongo making saves on the two separate attempts.
Now, we joke. But he did also score the hat trick in this game. And the Canadiens won by a final score of 5-2. So, it wasn’t all bad. The Canucks, by the way, lost their sixth consecutive game.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 1
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28