Feb 6, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
It appears Max Pacioretty will go down in the history books, but he might not celebrate the moment.
The Montreal Canadiens forward was awarded not one but two penalty shots in the second period of Thursday’s game against the visiting Vancouver Canucks. Now, the only problem was he was unsuccessful on both opportunities, with Roberto Luongo making saves on the two separate attempts.
Now, we joke. But he did also score the hat trick in this game. And the Canadiens won by a final score of 5-2. So, it wasn’t all bad. The Canucks, by the way, lost their sixth consecutive game.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22