Feb 6, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
And suddenly, no more quiet night. Prior the melee, which occurred with less than two minutes remaining in regulation, there had been only one penalty called. The Leafs went on to win the game by a final score of 4-1, thanks to three third-period goals.
This incident began when Brown, charging hard to the net, ran over Bernier in the crease. The collision knocked the net off and incensed the Leafs, with Tim Gleason stepping in. Bernier got up and got involved in the scrum, which led to Cedrick Desjardins coming the length of the ice to try and get involved.
“The kid put his head down, puck in his feet & went to the net & we’re going to take care of issues like that,” said Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle, as per Mark Masters of TSN.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)