Feb 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
Bordeleau was given five and a game, a decision that incensed Avs head coach Patrick Roy.
Anyone surprised Patrick Roy just burst blood vessels screaming at the officials over that call?
— Anthony SanFilippo (@InsideTheFlyers) February 7, 2014
It’s worth noting that Bordeleau has no history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. Schenn didn’t appear to be injured — he proceeded to take a power play shift late in the first period — so it’s unclear if Bordeleau’s hit will be reviewed.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35