Feb 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
Bordeleau was given five and a game, a decision that incensed Avs head coach Patrick Roy.
Anyone surprised Patrick Roy just burst blood vessels screaming at the officials over that call?
— Anthony SanFilippo (@InsideTheFlyers) February 7, 2014
It’s worth noting that Bordeleau has no history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. Schenn didn’t appear to be injured — he proceeded to take a power play shift late in the first period — so it’s unclear if Bordeleau’s hit will be reviewed.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)