Feb 6, 2014, 12:48 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks recorded a 2-0 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday, but spent plenty of time on the penalty kill.
That included an infraction from Andrew Shaw, who was assessed a minor penalty for kneeing after he clipped the 43-year-old Teemu Selanne in the offensive zone in the second period. Selanne, named to Finland’s Olympic roster for the sixth time in his career, was slow to get up but remained in the game.
The Blackhawks were a perfect five-for-five on the penalty kill, and are now one point back of the Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 2
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)