Feb 6, 2014, 12:48 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks recorded a 2-0 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday, but spent plenty of time on the penalty kill.
That included an infraction from Andrew Shaw, who was assessed a minor penalty for kneeing after he clipped the 43-year-old Teemu Selanne in the offensive zone in the second period. Selanne, named to Finland’s Olympic roster for the sixth time in his career, was slow to get up but remained in the game.
The Blackhawks were a perfect five-for-five on the penalty kill, and are now one point back of the Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)