Feb 6, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
One of the teams rumored to be chasing Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is the Washington Capitals. One writer gives their reasons why the Caps have other more pressing needs than making an upgrade in goal. (Washington Post)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $5,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Canucks fans can breathe a bit easier knowing that when it comes to possibly shaking up the team, coach John Tortorella and GM Mike Gillis are on the same page when it comes to players. (Vancouver Sun)
Johnny Oduya‘s lower-body injury that kept him out of the Blackhawks’ game against Anaheim last night shouldn’t keep him out of Sochi. (Tracey Myers)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6