Feb 6, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
One of the teams rumored to be chasing Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is the Washington Capitals. One writer gives their reasons why the Caps have other more pressing needs than making an upgrade in goal. (Washington Post)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $5,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Canucks fans can breathe a bit easier knowing that when it comes to possibly shaking up the team, coach John Tortorella and GM Mike Gillis are on the same page when it comes to players. (Vancouver Sun)
Johnny Oduya‘s lower-body injury that kept him out of the Blackhawks’ game against Anaheim last night shouldn’t keep him out of Sochi. (Tracey Myers)
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11