Feb 6, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
One of the teams rumored to be chasing Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is the Washington Capitals. One writer gives their reasons why the Caps have other more pressing needs than making an upgrade in goal. (Washington Post)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $5,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Canucks fans can breathe a bit easier knowing that when it comes to possibly shaking up the team, coach John Tortorella and GM Mike Gillis are on the same page when it comes to players. (Vancouver Sun)
Johnny Oduya‘s lower-body injury that kept him out of the Blackhawks’ game against Anaheim last night shouldn’t keep him out of Sochi. (Tracey Myers)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5