Feb 6, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
One of the teams rumored to be chasing Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is the Washington Capitals. One writer gives their reasons why the Caps have other more pressing needs than making an upgrade in goal. (Washington Post)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $5,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Canucks fans can breathe a bit easier knowing that when it comes to possibly shaking up the team, coach John Tortorella and GM Mike Gillis are on the same page when it comes to players. (Vancouver Sun)
Johnny Oduya‘s lower-body injury that kept him out of the Blackhawks’ game against Anaheim last night shouldn’t keep him out of Sochi. (Tracey Myers)
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKesyer to two-year, $4.375M extension 0
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12