Feb 6, 2014, 3:17 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings have made a deal!
But it’s not for Sam Gagner.
On Thursday, the Kings announced they acquired minor-league forward Steve Quailer from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forward Robert Czarnik.
Quailer, 24, was a third-round pick in 2008 that’s spent all of his pro career with AHL Hamilton. Czarnik, also 24, was also a third-round pick in 2008 that’s also spent his entire pro career in the AHL (with the Manchester Monarchs). Some real symmetry to this one.
This is all we really have on the Qualier-Czarnik swap. Apologies to anyone that got excited after reading the first three words of this headline. Hopefully we have some more exciting trade news to announce later.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 7
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54