Feb 6, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
The Washington Capitals have had issues on the blue line all season and things aren’t getting any clearer now.
The team recalled defensemen Julien Brouillette and Patrick Wey from Hershey in the American Hockey League in time to face the Winnipeg Jets at Verizon Center tonight.
Wey has played in one game for the Caps this season and played 14:36 while getting one shot on goal. He has one goal and two assists for Hershey this season and started the year in the ECHL with the Reading Royals. He was a fourth-round pick out of Boston College back in 2009.
Brouillette has yet to play in the NHL but that could change tonight. He has nine goals in Hershey this season, good for the team lead amongst defensemen.
With two blue liners being called up, the question is: Who else could be out? Mike Green is dealing with a concussion and Jack Hillen has already been out for weeks with a broken leg. It’s not getting any easier for coach Adam Oates.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3