Feb 6, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals have had issues on the blue line all season and things aren’t getting any clearer now.
The team recalled defensemen Julien Brouillette and Patrick Wey from Hershey in the American Hockey League in time to face the Winnipeg Jets at Verizon Center tonight.
Wey has played in one game for the Caps this season and played 14:36 while getting one shot on goal. He has one goal and two assists for Hershey this season and started the year in the ECHL with the Reading Royals. He was a fourth-round pick out of Boston College back in 2009.
Brouillette has yet to play in the NHL but that could change tonight. He has nine goals in Hershey this season, good for the team lead amongst defensemen.
With two blue liners being called up, the question is: Who else could be out? Mike Green is dealing with a concussion and Jack Hillen has already been out for weeks with a broken leg. It’s not getting any easier for coach Adam Oates.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5