Feb 5, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
About the only consistent thing for the Washington Capitals lately is how inconsistent they’ve been.
After seeing their offense explode for six goals in an overtime win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, they came up empty against the New York Islanders. Evgeni Nabokov made 22 saves and Andrew MacDonald scored to give the Isles a 1-0 shutout victory over the Caps. The win snapped a five-game winless streak for the Islanders.
The Capitals had a chance to close to within one point of the Red Wings for the final wild card spot, but went 0-for-6 on the power play on top of generating only 22 shots.
Check out the highlights from tonight’s action.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)