Feb 5, 2014, 12:25 AM EST
About the only consistent thing for the Washington Capitals lately is how inconsistent they’ve been.
After seeing their offense explode for six goals in an overtime win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, they came up empty against the New York Islanders. Evgeni Nabokov made 22 saves and Andrew MacDonald scored to give the Isles a 1-0 shutout victory over the Caps. The win snapped a five-game winless streak for the Islanders.
The Capitals had a chance to close to within one point of the Red Wings for the final wild card spot, but went 0-for-6 on the power play on top of generating only 22 shots.
Check out the highlights from tonight’s action.
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 1
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 6
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)