Feb 5, 2014, 12:25 AM EST
About the only consistent thing for the Washington Capitals lately is how inconsistent they’ve been.
After seeing their offense explode for six goals in an overtime win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, they came up empty against the New York Islanders. Evgeni Nabokov made 22 saves and Andrew MacDonald scored to give the Isles a 1-0 shutout victory over the Caps. The win snapped a five-game winless streak for the Islanders.
The Capitals had a chance to close to within one point of the Red Wings for the final wild card spot, but went 0-for-6 on the power play on top of generating only 22 shots.
Check out the highlights from tonight’s action.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15