Feb 5, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
About the only consistent thing for the Washington Capitals lately is how inconsistent they’ve been.
After seeing their offense explode for six goals in an overtime win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, they came up empty against the New York Islanders. Evgeni Nabokov made 22 saves and Andrew MacDonald scored to give the Isles a 1-0 shutout victory over the Caps. The win snapped a five-game winless streak for the Islanders.
The Capitals had a chance to close to within one point of the Red Wings for the final wild card spot, but went 0-for-6 on the power play on top of generating only 22 shots.
Check out the highlights from tonight’s action.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25