Feb 5, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
About the only consistent thing for the Washington Capitals lately is how inconsistent they’ve been.
After seeing their offense explode for six goals in an overtime win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, they came up empty against the New York Islanders. Evgeni Nabokov made 22 saves and Andrew MacDonald scored to give the Isles a 1-0 shutout victory over the Caps. The win snapped a five-game winless streak for the Islanders.
The Capitals had a chance to close to within one point of the Red Wings for the final wild card spot, but went 0-for-6 on the power play on top of generating only 22 shots.
Check out the highlights from tonight’s action.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)