Feb 5, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
In a battle of the top teams in the Western Conference, Marian Hossa broke a scoreless deadlock, putting the Chicago Blackhawks up by a goal early in the second period.
Hossa took a long cross-ice pass from Patrick Sharp, cut to the forehand and then showed some fantastic patience, waiting for Jonas Hiller to go down before sliding the puck behind the Anaheim Ducks’ goalie only 39 seconds into the middle period.
The Blackhawks took the 1-0 lead into the third period.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)