Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
In a minor move, the San Jose Sharks have acquired forward Chad Rau from the Minnesota Wild, in exchange for prospect Curt Gogol.
Rau, 27, has spent all of this season with Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa and has appeared in nine games for the Wild, scoring twice. The Minnesota native hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2011-12 campaign, and will report to San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester.
Gogol, 22, is an undrafted free agent that’s spent all of this season with AHL Worcester. He’s yet to make his NHL debut.
As you were…
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13