Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
In a minor move, the San Jose Sharks have acquired forward Chad Rau from the Minnesota Wild, in exchange for prospect Curt Gogol.
Rau, 27, has spent all of this season with Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa and has appeared in nine games for the Wild, scoring twice. The Minnesota native hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2011-12 campaign, and will report to San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester.
Gogol, 22, is an undrafted free agent that’s spent all of this season with AHL Worcester. He’s yet to make his NHL debut.
As you were…
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)