Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
In a minor move, the San Jose Sharks have acquired forward Chad Rau from the Minnesota Wild, in exchange for prospect Curt Gogol.
Rau, 27, has spent all of this season with Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa and has appeared in nine games for the Wild, scoring twice. The Minnesota native hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2011-12 campaign, and will report to San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester.
Gogol, 22, is an undrafted free agent that’s spent all of this season with AHL Worcester. He’s yet to make his NHL debut.
As you were…
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8