Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
In a minor move, the San Jose Sharks have acquired forward Chad Rau from the Minnesota Wild, in exchange for prospect Curt Gogol.
Rau, 27, has spent all of this season with Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa and has appeared in nine games for the Wild, scoring twice. The Minnesota native hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2011-12 campaign, and will report to San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester.
Gogol, 22, is an undrafted free agent that’s spent all of this season with AHL Worcester. He’s yet to make his NHL debut.
As you were…
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)