Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
In a minor move, the San Jose Sharks have acquired forward Chad Rau from the Minnesota Wild, in exchange for prospect Curt Gogol.
Rau, 27, has spent all of this season with Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa and has appeared in nine games for the Wild, scoring twice. The Minnesota native hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2011-12 campaign, and will report to San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester.
Gogol, 22, is an undrafted free agent that’s spent all of this season with AHL Worcester. He’s yet to make his NHL debut.
As you were…
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28