Feb 5, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without defenseman Johnny Oduya when they take on the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old Oduya will miss tonight’s game due to a lower-body injury, according to ESPN Chicago. In 58 games, Oduya has three goals and 13 points.
Tonight’s game between the Blackhawks and Ducks is a match-up of the two top teams in the Western Conference. With a regulation win, the Blackhawks would move to within one point of the Ducks for the top spot in the conference, while moving four points ahead of second-place St. Louis.
The Blues will, by the end of the night, have four games in hand on Chicago.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)