Feb 5, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without defenseman Johnny Oduya when they take on the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old Oduya will miss tonight’s game due to a lower-body injury, according to ESPN Chicago. In 58 games, Oduya has three goals and 13 points.
Tonight’s game between the Blackhawks and Ducks is a match-up of the two top teams in the Western Conference. With a regulation win, the Blackhawks would move to within one point of the Ducks for the top spot in the conference, while moving four points ahead of second-place St. Louis.
The Blues will, by the end of the night, have four games in hand on Chicago.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13