Feb 5, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without defenseman Johnny Oduya when they take on the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old Oduya will miss tonight’s game due to a lower-body injury, according to ESPN Chicago. In 58 games, Oduya has three goals and 13 points.
Tonight’s game between the Blackhawks and Ducks is a match-up of the two top teams in the Western Conference. With a regulation win, the Blackhawks would move to within one point of the Ducks for the top spot in the conference, while moving four points ahead of second-place St. Louis.
The Blues will, by the end of the night, have four games in hand on Chicago.
- Canes announce that Jordan Staal suffered a broken right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)