Feb 4, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Callahan scored two first-period goals and added an assist on Brad Richards‘ third period goal to give the New York Rangers a 5-1 win against the Colorado Avalanche. Henrik Lundqvist made 27 saves to help keep some of his own critics quiet as well.
The win was the fourth in a row for the Rangers and after the rumor-filled time Callahan has had of late, his performance won’t do anything to cool off the narratives. After all, you could say his big game came at a time when he’s trying to help make the case for a huge extension or to help grease the wheels for a blockbuster trade ahead of the Olympic roster freeze.
Regardless of all that, it should help make the talk surrounding him before the Olympics only get that much louder.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47