Feb 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Over the summer, the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins reportedly discussed a deal involving Thomas Vanek and Tyler Seguin. Of course, that didn’t work out, so the Bruins ended up shipping Seguin to the Stars in a seven-player swap that also involved Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith heading to Boston. Meanwhile, Vanek is with the Islanders – or at least he is for the moment. (Buffalo News)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Now with the Winnipeg Jets, Paul Maurice has returned to Carolina for Tuesday’s game. (News & Observer)
Brad Marchand called the backlash after mocking the Canucks by lifting an imaginary Stanley Cup during a December contest a “learning experience.” He won’t be doing that again. (Metro West Daily News)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38