Feb 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Over the summer, the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins reportedly discussed a deal involving Thomas Vanek and Tyler Seguin. Of course, that didn’t work out, so the Bruins ended up shipping Seguin to the Stars in a seven-player swap that also involved Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith heading to Boston. Meanwhile, Vanek is with the Islanders – or at least he is for the moment. (Buffalo News)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Now with the Winnipeg Jets, Paul Maurice has returned to Carolina for Tuesday’s game. (News & Observer)
Brad Marchand called the backlash after mocking the Canucks by lifting an imaginary Stanley Cup during a December contest a “learning experience.” He won’t be doing that again. (Metro West Daily News)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5