Feb 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Over the summer, the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins reportedly discussed a deal involving Thomas Vanek and Tyler Seguin. Of course, that didn’t work out, so the Bruins ended up shipping Seguin to the Stars in a seven-player swap that also involved Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith heading to Boston. Meanwhile, Vanek is with the Islanders – or at least he is for the moment. (Buffalo News)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Now with the Winnipeg Jets, Paul Maurice has returned to Carolina for Tuesday’s game. (News & Observer)
Brad Marchand called the backlash after mocking the Canucks by lifting an imaginary Stanley Cup during a December contest a “learning experience.” He won’t be doing that again. (Metro West Daily News)
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18