Feb 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Over the summer, the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins reportedly discussed a deal involving Thomas Vanek and Tyler Seguin. Of course, that didn’t work out, so the Bruins ended up shipping Seguin to the Stars in a seven-player swap that also involved Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith heading to Boston. Meanwhile, Vanek is with the Islanders – or at least he is for the moment. (Buffalo News)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Now with the Winnipeg Jets, Paul Maurice has returned to Carolina for Tuesday’s game. (News & Observer)
Brad Marchand called the backlash after mocking the Canucks by lifting an imaginary Stanley Cup during a December contest a “learning experience.” He won’t be doing that again. (Metro West Daily News)
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39