Feb 4, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have other problems to go along with their inability to close out games of late. Jaromir Jagr is a little grumpy.
“It doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t want to talk about it either,” said Jagr. “I don’t really (care) either.”
Uh, sure thing Jags.
Jagr was put on a line with Andrei Loktionov at the latest practice. As for coach Peter DeBoer, he said he was a bit reluctant to break up the line knowing that the 41-year-old future Hall of Famer likes to stay consistent with who he works with. He added that wanted more goals and consistency from them.
Jagr opted to go fully sarcastic saying, “That makes sense. Me and Travis, we don’t score many.”
DeBoer has gotten his share of grief from Devils veterans this season as Martin Brodeur hasn’t been happy about his lack of playing time this season. At the very least, DeBoer can tell his grandchildren he found ways to upset two legends in the same season.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 4
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 3
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 28
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 102
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36