Feb 4, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have other problems to go along with their inability to close out games of late. Jaromir Jagr is a little grumpy.
“It doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t want to talk about it either,” said Jagr. “I don’t really (care) either.”
Uh, sure thing Jags.
Jagr was put on a line with Andrei Loktionov at the latest practice. As for coach Peter DeBoer, he said he was a bit reluctant to break up the line knowing that the 41-year-old future Hall of Famer likes to stay consistent with who he works with. He added that wanted more goals and consistency from them.
Jagr opted to go fully sarcastic saying, “That makes sense. Me and Travis, we don’t score many.”
DeBoer has gotten his share of grief from Devils veterans this season as Martin Brodeur hasn’t been happy about his lack of playing time this season. At the very least, DeBoer can tell his grandchildren he found ways to upset two legends in the same season.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)