Feb 4, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have other problems to go along with their inability to close out games of late. Jaromir Jagr is a little grumpy.
“It doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t want to talk about it either,” said Jagr. “I don’t really (care) either.”
Uh, sure thing Jags.
Jagr was put on a line with Andrei Loktionov at the latest practice. As for coach Peter DeBoer, he said he was a bit reluctant to break up the line knowing that the 41-year-old future Hall of Famer likes to stay consistent with who he works with. He added that wanted more goals and consistency from them.
Jagr opted to go fully sarcastic saying, “That makes sense. Me and Travis, we don’t score many.”
DeBoer has gotten his share of grief from Devils veterans this season as Martin Brodeur hasn’t been happy about his lack of playing time this season. At the very least, DeBoer can tell his grandchildren he found ways to upset two legends in the same season.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 22
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50