Feb 4, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have other problems to go along with their inability to close out games of late. Jaromir Jagr is a little grumpy.
“It doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t want to talk about it either,” said Jagr. “I don’t really (care) either.”
Uh, sure thing Jags.
Jagr was put on a line with Andrei Loktionov at the latest practice. As for coach Peter DeBoer, he said he was a bit reluctant to break up the line knowing that the 41-year-old future Hall of Famer likes to stay consistent with who he works with. He added that wanted more goals and consistency from them.
Jagr opted to go fully sarcastic saying, “That makes sense. Me and Travis, we don’t score many.”
DeBoer has gotten his share of grief from Devils veterans this season as Martin Brodeur hasn’t been happy about his lack of playing time this season. At the very least, DeBoer can tell his grandchildren he found ways to upset two legends in the same season.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7