Feb 4, 2014, 4:08 PM EST
All the latest from the blue paint…
Luongo returns to Boston
Roberto Luongo will make his first start at TD Garden since the 2011 Stanley Cup Final when Vancouver takes on the Bruins tonight.
Eddie Lack has been in goal for Vancouver’s last two games — a 4-3 loss to Winnipeg and Monday’s 2-0 defeat in Detroit — so Luongo should be well-rested and ready to exorcise the demons that haunted him in Boston three years ago, when he allowed 15 goals over three games and got hooked twice.
The veteran netminder has played pretty well in January, going 3-4-0 with a 2.55 GAA and .921 save percentage. He’ll be up against Tuukka Rask tonight.
Lundqvist vs. Varlamov at Madison Square
Lundqvist, who won the ’12 Vezina and was a finalist last year, will face one of the leading candidates for this year’s award. Varlamov has been nothing short of outstanding all year long, ranking among the league leaders in wins (28), GAA (2.45) and save percentage (.925).
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 2
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 5
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)