Feb 4, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Luongo returns to Boston
Roberto Luongo will make his first start at TD Garden since the 2011 Stanley Cup Final when Vancouver takes on the Bruins tonight.
Eddie Lack has been in goal for Vancouver’s last two games — a 4-3 loss to Winnipeg and Monday’s 2-0 defeat in Detroit — so Luongo should be well-rested and ready to exorcise the demons that haunted him in Boston three years ago, when he allowed 15 goals over three games and got hooked twice.
The veteran netminder has played pretty well in January, going 3-4-0 with a 2.55 GAA and .921 save percentage. He’ll be up against Tuukka Rask tonight.
Lundqvist vs. Varlamov at Madison Square
Lundqvist, who won the ’12 Vezina and was a finalist last year, will face one of the leading candidates for this year’s award. Varlamov has been nothing short of outstanding all year long, ranking among the league leaders in wins (28), GAA (2.45) and save percentage (.925).
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22