Feb 4, 2014, 4:08 PM EST
All the latest from the blue paint…
Luongo returns to Boston
Roberto Luongo will make his first start at TD Garden since the 2011 Stanley Cup Final when Vancouver takes on the Bruins tonight.
Eddie Lack has been in goal for Vancouver’s last two games — a 4-3 loss to Winnipeg and Monday’s 2-0 defeat in Detroit — so Luongo should be well-rested and ready to exorcise the demons that haunted him in Boston three years ago, when he allowed 15 goals over three games and got hooked twice.
The veteran netminder has played pretty well in January, going 3-4-0 with a 2.55 GAA and .921 save percentage. He’ll be up against Tuukka Rask tonight.
Lundqvist vs. Varlamov at Madison Square
Lundqvist, who won the ’12 Vezina and was a finalist last year, will face one of the leading candidates for this year’s award. Varlamov has been nothing short of outstanding all year long, ranking among the league leaders in wins (28), GAA (2.45) and save percentage (.925).
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 8
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 41
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45