Feb 4, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
Antti Niemi and the San Jose Sharks were riding high lately, and the good times continued for a big chunk of Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers. It all fell apart in the third period, however, as Philly scored three goals in less than four minutes to chase Niemi and lock up a 5-2 win.
In the process, San Jose endured a rare blown third period lead, as they’re now 26-2-2 after leading following two periods.
Matt Read began the run 1:11 into the third period:
Michael Raffl gave the Flyers a 3-2 lead 2:29 into the final frame:
Finally, Claude Giroux‘s 4-2 tally ended Niemi’s night early just under four minutes into the third period:
The Flyers improved to 28-23-6 while the Sharks fell to 35-16-6 after tonight’s game.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)