Feb 4, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
Antti Niemi and the San Jose Sharks were riding high lately, and the good times continued for a big chunk of Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers. It all fell apart in the third period, however, as Philly scored three goals in less than four minutes to chase Niemi and lock up a 5-2 win.
In the process, San Jose endured a rare blown third period lead, as they’re now 26-2-2 after leading following two periods.
Matt Read began the run 1:11 into the third period:
Michael Raffl gave the Flyers a 3-2 lead 2:29 into the final frame:
Finally, Claude Giroux‘s 4-2 tally ended Niemi’s night early just under four minutes into the third period:
The Flyers improved to 28-23-6 while the Sharks fell to 35-16-6 after tonight’s game.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)