Feb 4, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
Antti Niemi and the San Jose Sharks were riding high lately, and the good times continued for a big chunk of Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers. It all fell apart in the third period, however, as Philly scored three goals in less than four minutes to chase Niemi and lock up a 5-2 win.
In the process, San Jose endured a rare blown third period lead, as they’re now 26-2-2 after leading following two periods.
Matt Read began the run 1:11 into the third period:
Michael Raffl gave the Flyers a 3-2 lead 2:29 into the final frame:
Finally, Claude Giroux‘s 4-2 tally ended Niemi’s night early just under four minutes into the third period:
The Flyers improved to 28-23-6 while the Sharks fell to 35-16-6 after tonight’s game.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 0
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)