Feb 4, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are about to get Adam Burish back in the lineup.
Burish has yet to play in a game this season after suffering a herniated disc in the first preseason game in September. As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Sharks coach Todd McLellan is eager to see what he can do.
“I don’t think his year last year was the best that he’s had, and I think he’s extremely hungry,” McLellan said. “I’ve seen it in his work ethic and commitment level to come back from this injury. I think he can give us an energetic boost.”
Last season, Burish had three points in 46 games and had no points in six playoff games for San Jose. He’s a fourth line player but one that provides Stanley Cup-winning experience on a team that’s missing that aspect for the most part.
If he can help them win some faceoffs and irritate opponents, that will give the Sharks a little added edge to their game.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (128)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)