Feb 4, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks are about to get Adam Burish back in the lineup.
Burish has yet to play in a game this season after suffering a herniated disc in the first preseason game in September. As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Sharks coach Todd McLellan is eager to see what he can do.
“I don’t think his year last year was the best that he’s had, and I think he’s extremely hungry,” McLellan said. “I’ve seen it in his work ethic and commitment level to come back from this injury. I think he can give us an energetic boost.”
Last season, Burish had three points in 46 games and had no points in six playoff games for San Jose. He’s a fourth line player but one that provides Stanley Cup-winning experience on a team that’s missing that aspect for the most part.
If he can help them win some faceoffs and irritate opponents, that will give the Sharks a little added edge to their game.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)