Feb 4, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Things aren’t getting any easier for the Vancouver Canucks.
The Canucks lost to the Boston Bruins 3-1 at TD Garden, good for their fifth straight loss.
If there’s a positive to be taken out of this game for Vancouver it’s that they played with a less-than healthy roster and hung in tough with the Bruins. Henrik Sedin was playing in obvious pain, Ryan Kesler was laying out to block shots with seconds left to play, and they had a few too many guys who have been in Utica recently to try and keep up with Boston.
While they had all that going on, Luongo took the loss on his shoulders.
Vancouver’s five-game road trip marches on to Montreal on Thursday and Toronto on Saturday.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)