Feb 4, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Things aren’t getting any easier for the Vancouver Canucks.
The Canucks lost to the Boston Bruins 3-1 at TD Garden, good for their fifth straight loss.
If there’s a positive to be taken out of this game for Vancouver it’s that they played with a less-than healthy roster and hung in tough with the Bruins. Henrik Sedin was playing in obvious pain, Ryan Kesler was laying out to block shots with seconds left to play, and they had a few too many guys who have been in Utica recently to try and keep up with Boston.
While they had all that going on, Luongo took the loss on his shoulders.
Vancouver’s five-game road trip marches on to Montreal on Thursday and Toronto on Saturday.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)