Feb 4, 2014, 1:46 AM EST
Times are tough for the Los Angeles Kings. The Chicago Blackhawks made that much clear by beating them 5-3 on Monday.
With that, the Kings have lost four in a row and only have one win in their last 10 games (going 1-8-1 in that span).
It’s difficult not to focus at least some of the attention on Jonathan Quick‘s tough times, even if the Kings are starving for offense (hence the reported interest in Sam Gagner). The 28-year-old Olympian has been in net for all four of those consecutive losses and hasn’t registered a 90 percent save percentage in that span; he has allowed 13 goals on just 79 shots during the last four games.
About the only solace is that some of their prominent rivals are struggling to at least some extent, as well. Bruce Boudreau fumed about the Anaheim Ducks’ work after their loss, the San Jose Sharks blew a third period lead tonight and the Vancouver Canucks are “off the rails.”
Does that make it all OK? Not necessarily, but it could be worse, too.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)