Feb 4, 2014, 1:46 AM EDT
Times are tough for the Los Angeles Kings. The Chicago Blackhawks made that much clear by beating them 5-3 on Monday.
With that, the Kings have lost four in a row and only have one win in their last 10 games (going 1-8-1 in that span).
It’s difficult not to focus at least some of the attention on Jonathan Quick‘s tough times, even if the Kings are starving for offense (hence the reported interest in Sam Gagner). The 28-year-old Olympian has been in net for all four of those consecutive losses and hasn’t registered a 90 percent save percentage in that span; he has allowed 13 goals on just 79 shots during the last four games.
About the only solace is that some of their prominent rivals are struggling to at least some extent, as well. Bruce Boudreau fumed about the Anaheim Ducks’ work after their loss, the San Jose Sharks blew a third period lead tonight and the Vancouver Canucks are “off the rails.”
Does that make it all OK? Not necessarily, but it could be worse, too.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)