Feb 4, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
The Canucks limped into tonight’s game against the Bruins and, just prior to puck drop, learned they would essentially be playing on one leg.
Olympic defenseman Dan Hamhuis and Chris Higgins, the club’s second-leading goalscorer, have been ruled out for tonight’s game at TD Garden, according to Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy. Recently recalled forward Pascal Pelletier will draw in up front, while newly acquired d-man Raphael Diaz will be on the blueline.
It’s unclear what injuries befell the pair, but both reportedly were hurt during last night’s 2-0 loss in Detroit. As such, Vancouver now heads into Boston minus the services of Higgins, Hamhuis, Kevin Bieksa, Chris Tanev, Mike Santorelli, Yannick Weber and Andrew Alberts.
Captain Henrik Sedin, who returned from a six-game absence on Monday, is also not at 100 percent. He only took four faceoffs against Detroit the other night before eventually ceding duties to a variety of players, including rookie Kellen Lain.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)