Feb 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Clarkson, who’s slogged through a disappointing campaign after signing a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs this summer, has missed the last eight games with the aforementioned elbow issue. It was the latest setback in what’s been a start-and-stop season — Clarkson missed 10 games to start the season through suspension, then another two in December (also due to suspension), then a game in early January with a left foot injury.
All told, the 29-year-old has appeared in just 36 games this season, scoring three goals and eight points.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18