Feb 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Clarkson, who’s slogged through a disappointing campaign after signing a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs this summer, has missed the last eight games with the aforementioned elbow issue. It was the latest setback in what’s been a start-and-stop season — Clarkson missed 10 games to start the season through suspension, then another two in December (also due to suspension), then a game in early January with a left foot injury.
All told, the 29-year-old has appeared in just 36 games this season, scoring three goals and eight points.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25