Feb 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Clarkson, who’s slogged through a disappointing campaign after signing a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs this summer, has missed the last eight games with the aforementioned elbow issue. It was the latest setback in what’s been a start-and-stop season — Clarkson missed 10 games to start the season through suspension, then another two in December (also due to suspension), then a game in early January with a left foot injury.
All told, the 29-year-old has appeared in just 36 games this season, scoring three goals and eight points.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6