Feb 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Clarkson, who’s slogged through a disappointing campaign after signing a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs this summer, has missed the last eight games with the aforementioned elbow issue. It was the latest setback in what’s been a start-and-stop season — Clarkson missed 10 games to start the season through suspension, then another two in December (also due to suspension), then a game in early January with a left foot injury.
All told, the 29-year-old has appeared in just 36 games this season, scoring three goals and eight points.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5