Feb 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Clarkson, who’s slogged through a disappointing campaign after signing a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs this summer, has missed the last eight games with the aforementioned elbow issue. It was the latest setback in what’s been a start-and-stop season — Clarkson missed 10 games to start the season through suspension, then another two in December (also due to suspension), then a game in early January with a left foot injury.
All told, the 29-year-old has appeared in just 36 games this season, scoring three goals and eight points.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2