Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The good news is that Tyler Myers broke his seven-game scoring slump with an assist on Monday. The bad news is that he suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Edmonton Oilers.
The Buffalo News’ John Vogl believes that Myers “dinged” his right hip/leg area midway through the second period of tonight’s game. There’s no word on the severity of his injury.
Myers just turned 24 on Feb. 1. The Sabres are hoping that the big blueliner plays aggressively rather than lingering on his mistakes, but the simplest numbers indicate that he’s had some gaffes to choose from.
Myers generated a -11 rating during that seven-game scoring slump, including a -4 mark against Colorado on his birthday.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45