Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The good news is that Tyler Myers broke his seven-game scoring slump with an assist on Monday. The bad news is that he suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Edmonton Oilers.
The Buffalo News’ John Vogl believes that Myers “dinged” his right hip/leg area midway through the second period of tonight’s game. There’s no word on the severity of his injury.
Myers just turned 24 on Feb. 1. The Sabres are hoping that the big blueliner plays aggressively rather than lingering on his mistakes, but the simplest numbers indicate that he’s had some gaffes to choose from.
Myers generated a -11 rating during that seven-game scoring slump, including a -4 mark against Colorado on his birthday.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (98)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)