Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The good news is that Tyler Myers broke his seven-game scoring slump with an assist on Monday. The bad news is that he suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Edmonton Oilers.
The Buffalo News’ John Vogl believes that Myers “dinged” his right hip/leg area midway through the second period of tonight’s game. There’s no word on the severity of his injury.
Myers just turned 24 on Feb. 1. The Sabres are hoping that the big blueliner plays aggressively rather than lingering on his mistakes, but the simplest numbers indicate that he’s had some gaffes to choose from.
Myers generated a -11 rating during that seven-game scoring slump, including a -4 mark against Colorado on his birthday.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)