Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The good news is that Tyler Myers broke his seven-game scoring slump with an assist on Monday. The bad news is that he suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Edmonton Oilers.
The Buffalo News’ John Vogl believes that Myers “dinged” his right hip/leg area midway through the second period of tonight’s game. There’s no word on the severity of his injury.
Myers just turned 24 on Feb. 1. The Sabres are hoping that the big blueliner plays aggressively rather than lingering on his mistakes, but the simplest numbers indicate that he’s had some gaffes to choose from.
Myers generated a -11 rating during that seven-game scoring slump, including a -4 mark against Colorado on his birthday.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)