Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The good news is that Tyler Myers broke his seven-game scoring slump with an assist on Monday. The bad news is that he suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Edmonton Oilers.
The Buffalo News’ John Vogl believes that Myers “dinged” his right hip/leg area midway through the second period of tonight’s game. There’s no word on the severity of his injury.
Myers just turned 24 on Feb. 1. The Sabres are hoping that the big blueliner plays aggressively rather than lingering on his mistakes, but the simplest numbers indicate that he’s had some gaffes to choose from.
Myers generated a -11 rating during that seven-game scoring slump, including a -4 mark against Colorado on his birthday.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)