Feb 3, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
It’s not Eddie Lack‘s fault that the Vancouver Canucks dropped their fourth game in a row (and five of their last six) via a 2-0 loss against the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, but he was frustrated nonetheless.
“We can’t buy a win right now,” Lack said. “I’m trying to do my job and keep us in every game. It’s tough.”
“We need to change this hockey team,” Tortorella said. “We were a slow team. Lack of offence. This really worries me.”
Does that mean Torts might want changes that extend beyond acquiring Raphael Diaz? That remains to be seen, but Vancouver needs to find some way out of this funk or a playoff berth could slip through their fingers.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31