Feb 3, 2014, 10:36 PM EST
It’s not Eddie Lack‘s fault that the Vancouver Canucks dropped their fourth game in a row (and five of their last six) via a 2-0 loss against the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, but he was frustrated nonetheless.
“We can’t buy a win right now,” Lack said. “I’m trying to do my job and keep us in every game. It’s tough.”
“We need to change this hockey team,” Tortorella said. “We were a slow team. Lack of offence. This really worries me.”
Does that mean Torts might want changes that extend beyond acquiring Raphael Diaz? That remains to be seen, but Vancouver needs to find some way out of this funk or a playoff berth could slip through their fingers.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29