Feb 3, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Taylor Pyatt‘s Monday night was cut short after he suffered a lower-body injury delivering a hit against the Ottawa Senators. The team announced that he won’t return, giving him just 22 seconds of ice time tonight.
The Penguins claimed the 32-year-old off waivers from the New York Rangers in early January.
He has two goals in 13 contests with Pittsburgh after managing a single assist in 22 games with the Rangers this season. The former first-round pick (eighth overall by the New York Islanders in 1999) peaked with two consecutive 37-point seasons with Vancouver in 2006-07 and 07-08, including a career-high 23 goals in 06-07.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)