Feb 3, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Taylor Pyatt‘s Monday night was cut short after he suffered a lower-body injury delivering a hit against the Ottawa Senators. The team announced that he won’t return, giving him just 22 seconds of ice time tonight.
The Penguins claimed the 32-year-old off waivers from the New York Rangers in early January.
He has two goals in 13 contests with Pittsburgh after managing a single assist in 22 games with the Rangers this season. The former first-round pick (eighth overall by the New York Islanders in 1999) peaked with two consecutive 37-point seasons with Vancouver in 2006-07 and 07-08, including a career-high 23 goals in 06-07.
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 13
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 13
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 32
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)