Feb 3, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Taylor Pyatt‘s Monday night was cut short after he suffered a lower-body injury delivering a hit against the Ottawa Senators. The team announced that he won’t return, giving him just 22 seconds of ice time tonight.
The Penguins claimed the 32-year-old off waivers from the New York Rangers in early January.
He has two goals in 13 contests with Pittsburgh after managing a single assist in 22 games with the Rangers this season. The former first-round pick (eighth overall by the New York Islanders in 1999) peaked with two consecutive 37-point seasons with Vancouver in 2006-07 and 07-08, including a career-high 23 goals in 06-07.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 30
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (152)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)