Feb 3, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Taylor Pyatt‘s Monday night was cut short after he suffered a lower-body injury delivering a hit against the Ottawa Senators. The team announced that he won’t return, giving him just 22 seconds of ice time tonight.
The Penguins claimed the 32-year-old off waivers from the New York Rangers in early January.
He has two goals in 13 contests with Pittsburgh after managing a single assist in 22 games with the Rangers this season. The former first-round pick (eighth overall by the New York Islanders in 1999) peaked with two consecutive 37-point seasons with Vancouver in 2006-07 and 07-08, including a career-high 23 goals in 06-07.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)