Feb 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Parise, the first star, led all skaters with eight points as the Wild went 1-1-1 on the road last wee. Parise scored a goal and two assists in a win over the Ducks — netting the game-winner — before scoring a season-high four points against Colorado. The U.S. Olympic captain finished things off with an assist in a OT loss in Calgary on Saturday, capping off a wildly productive seven-day stretch.
Kessel, the second star, had seven points as the Leafs won all three of their games, moving into third place in the Atlanta Division. Kessel set up the game-winning goal against Tampa, had two assists against Florida and then scored his fifth career hat trick (along with an assist) in a 6-3 win over the Sens on Saturday. Like Parise, Kessel will also represent the U.S. at the upcoming Winter Olympics, and now sits second in the NHL with 30 goals, nine back of league leader Alex Ovechkin.
Third star went to Backlund, who scored six points in three games, helping the Flames rip off a perfect 5-0-0 homestand in the process. Backlund scored two goals in a win over Chicago, two assists in a win over San Jose, then scored his second shorthanded goal of the week and the OT winner against Minnesota on Saturday.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)