Feb 3, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Letang, 26, has been sidelined by illness for a week and hasn’t played since a 3-0 defeat of Buffalo last Monday. According to Bylsma, the team doesn’t know what’s plaguing last year’s Norris finalist, adding that Letang is currently undergoing tests and evaluations to figure it out.
What’s more, Bylsma said the Pens are uncertain about Letang’s issue being long-term.
This has been an extremely difficult season for Letang’s health. He missed nine games at the start of the year with a knee injury, then another 10 with what was believed to be an elbow issue.
All told, Letang has appeared in just 34 games for Pittsburgh this season, scoring 10 goals and 18 points.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 6
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)