Feb 3, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Khudobin, one of the league’s best bargains this year at $800,000, appeared in all 14 games for Carolina last month, going 10-4-0 with a 2.19 GAA and .927 save percentage. His outstanding play vaulted the ‘Canes into third place in the Metropolitan Division and helped set a franchise record for wins to start a season and career with Hartford/Carolina (six).
Kessel, who was also named a star of the week on Monday, tied for the NHL scoring lead with 20 points in 15 games, pacing the Leafs to a 9-5-1 mark and third spot in the Atlantic. The solid month also solidified Kessel’s spot among team leaders in nearly every statistical category — he now leads Toronto in goals (30), assists (31), points (61), game-winning goals (four) and shots (217).
Pavelski earned third star honors by leading all skaters in goals (12) as the Sharks went 9-6-0 and remained in second place in the Pacific Division. Pavelski scored in eight of 15 games, notched the game-winner in three straight and scored his first-ever hat trick in a 5-4 win in Tampa Bay. As a result, the American Olympian now sits third in the NHL in goals (29), one behind Kessel and nine behind Washington captain Alex Ovechkin.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)