Feb 3, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Khudobin, one of the league’s best bargains this year at $800,000, appeared in all 14 games for Carolina last month, going 10-4-0 with a 2.19 GAA and .927 save percentage. His outstanding play vaulted the ‘Canes into third place in the Metropolitan Division and helped set a franchise record for wins to start a season and career with Hartford/Carolina (six).
Kessel, who was also named a star of the week on Monday, tied for the NHL scoring lead with 20 points in 15 games, pacing the Leafs to a 9-5-1 mark and third spot in the Atlantic. The solid month also solidified Kessel’s spot among team leaders in nearly every statistical category — he now leads Toronto in goals (30), assists (31), points (61), game-winning goals (four) and shots (217).
Pavelski earned third star honors by leading all skaters in goals (12) as the Sharks went 9-6-0 and remained in second place in the Pacific Division. Pavelski scored in eight of 15 games, notched the game-winner in three straight and scored his first-ever hat trick in a 5-4 win in Tampa Bay. As a result, the American Olympian now sits third in the NHL in goals (29), one behind Kessel and nine behind Washington captain Alex Ovechkin.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)