Feb 3, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Khudobin, one of the league’s best bargains this year at $800,000, appeared in all 14 games for Carolina last month, going 10-4-0 with a 2.19 GAA and .927 save percentage. His outstanding play vaulted the ‘Canes into third place in the Metropolitan Division and helped set a franchise record for wins to start a season and career with Hartford/Carolina (six).
Kessel, who was also named a star of the week on Monday, tied for the NHL scoring lead with 20 points in 15 games, pacing the Leafs to a 9-5-1 mark and third spot in the Atlantic. The solid month also solidified Kessel’s spot among team leaders in nearly every statistical category — he now leads Toronto in goals (30), assists (31), points (61), game-winning goals (four) and shots (217).
Pavelski earned third star honors by leading all skaters in goals (12) as the Sharks went 9-6-0 and remained in second place in the Pacific Division. Pavelski scored in eight of 15 games, notched the game-winner in three straight and scored his first-ever hat trick in a 5-4 win in Tampa Bay. As a result, the American Olympian now sits third in the NHL in goals (29), one behind Kessel and nine behind Washington captain Alex Ovechkin.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 5
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 14
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 78
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (79)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)