Feb 3, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Khudobin, one of the league’s best bargains this year at $800,000, appeared in all 14 games for Carolina last month, going 10-4-0 with a 2.19 GAA and .927 save percentage. His outstanding play vaulted the ‘Canes into third place in the Metropolitan Division and helped set a franchise record for wins to start a season and career with Hartford/Carolina (six).
Kessel, who was also named a star of the week on Monday, tied for the NHL scoring lead with 20 points in 15 games, pacing the Leafs to a 9-5-1 mark and third spot in the Atlantic. The solid month also solidified Kessel’s spot among team leaders in nearly every statistical category — he now leads Toronto in goals (30), assists (31), points (61), game-winning goals (four) and shots (217).
Pavelski earned third star honors by leading all skaters in goals (12) as the Sharks went 9-6-0 and remained in second place in the Pacific Division. Pavelski scored in eight of 15 games, notched the game-winner in three straight and scored his first-ever hat trick in a 5-4 win in Tampa Bay. As a result, the American Olympian now sits third in the NHL in goals (29), one behind Kessel and nine behind Washington captain Alex Ovechkin.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)