Feb 3, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Calgary goalie Karri Ramo hurt his knee on Saturday against Minnesota and will be out until after the Olympic break — in a corresponding move, the Flames called up Joni Ortio from AHL Abbotsford on Monday.
Ramo, 27, has been splitting time as Calgary’s No. 1 with Reto Berra this season but emerged the starter as of late, being the goalie of record in five of six games prior to getting hurt against the Wild. He’s 11-10-4 on the season with a .908 save percentage and a 2.66 GAA.
Ortio, Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, has spent the entire season with the Heat and performed well, going 19-5-0 with a .930 save percentage and 2.08 GAA.
The Flames, currently riding a season-high five-game win streak, have three more games until the break — a three-game road trip against the Canadiens, Islanders and Flyers.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)