Feb 3, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Calgary goalie Karri Ramo hurt his knee on Saturday against Minnesota and will be out until after the Olympic break — in a corresponding move, the Flames called up Joni Ortio from AHL Abbotsford on Monday.
Ramo, 27, has been splitting time as Calgary’s No. 1 with Reto Berra this season but emerged the starter as of late, being the goalie of record in five of six games prior to getting hurt against the Wild. He’s 11-10-4 on the season with a .908 save percentage and a 2.66 GAA.
Ortio, Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, has spent the entire season with the Heat and performed well, going 19-5-0 with a .930 save percentage and 2.08 GAA.
The Flames, currently riding a season-high five-game win streak, have three more games until the break — a three-game road trip against the Canadiens, Islanders and Flyers.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 17
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7