Feb 3, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Calgary goalie Karri Ramo hurt his knee on Saturday against Minnesota and will be out until after the Olympic break — in a corresponding move, the Flames called up Joni Ortio from AHL Abbotsford on Monday.
Ramo, 27, has been splitting time as Calgary’s No. 1 with Reto Berra this season but emerged the starter as of late, being the goalie of record in five of six games prior to getting hurt against the Wild. He’s 11-10-4 on the season with a .908 save percentage and a 2.66 GAA.
Ortio, Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, has spent the entire season with the Heat and performed well, going 19-5-0 with a .930 save percentage and 2.08 GAA.
The Flames, currently riding a season-high five-game win streak, have three more games until the break — a three-game road trip against the Canadiens, Islanders and Flyers.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)