Feb 3, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Calgary goalie Karri Ramo hurt his knee on Saturday against Minnesota and will be out until after the Olympic break — in a corresponding move, the Flames called up Joni Ortio from AHL Abbotsford on Monday.
Ramo, 27, has been splitting time as Calgary’s No. 1 with Reto Berra this season but emerged the starter as of late, being the goalie of record in five of six games prior to getting hurt against the Wild. He’s 11-10-4 on the season with a .908 save percentage and a 2.66 GAA.
Ortio, Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, has spent the entire season with the Heat and performed well, going 19-5-0 with a .930 save percentage and 2.08 GAA.
The Flames, currently riding a season-high five-game win streak, have three more games until the break — a three-game road trip against the Canadiens, Islanders and Flyers.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)