Feb 3, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
It’s not a bad day to be Joe Pavelski, and come Friday, a small Wisconsin town figures it wouldn’t be a bad day to celebrate Joe Pavelski.
Plover, WI will celebrate “Joe Pavelski Day” on Feb. 7 in honor of the San Jose Sharks forward’s inclusion on the 2014 U.S. Olympic team. Along with originating from the area, Pavelski contributed to local hockey in significant ways, as this press release details:
Pavelski, a native of Plover, Wisconsin, played high school and college hockey in the state of Wisconsin, winning a State Championship with Stevens Point Area High School in 2002 and a NCAA Division 1 National Championship with the University of Wisconsin in 2006. Off the ice, Pavelski is active in giving back to the Portage County community, organizing and running youth hockey camps in the area as well as donating and participating in various community fundraisers.
This release comes out on the same day that Pavelski, 29, was named the NHL’s third star of the month for January, so things are going well for the somewhat underrated scorer.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)