Feb 3, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks aren’t just getting head coach John Tortorella back as they face the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, as Henrik Sedin will also return from a six-game absence tonight, Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy reports.
Brad Richardson is out with an undisclosed injury, so that might make that roster tweak a little easier for Tortorella.
Oddly enough, Sedin has been out for the same six games as Tortorella, with both last appearing in Jan. 18′s mess against the Calgary Flames. In that time, the Canucks have been “off the rails,” losing four of six and three in a row.
Getting their 33-year-old captain back could certainly be a big difference-maker.
While he went four straight games without a point before sitting out with this rib injury, he still remains a go-to guy for Vancouver, collecting 40 points in 50 contests overall.
The Canucks are a more rested team as they’ve been off since Friday while Detroit is finishing off a back-to-back set, so this is a great opportunity for Vancouver to get things back on track.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)