Feb 2, 2014, 12:19 AM EDT
There were some anxious moments in Saturday’s game between the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks, as Jonathan Toews had a painful collision with the goal post in the first period.
Toews was charging hard to the net down the right wing in the waning seconds of the opening period when he lost his footing and went sliding hard into the Sharks’ net, knocking it off and stopping play. Toews was in obvious pain, favoring his left arm, as he got back to his feet.
Not only is Toews the Blackhawks’ captain, but he’s also part of Canada’s Olympic hockey team headed for Sochi in a few days. However, it was a relief to two different groups of fans that Toews returned to the game in the second period.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20