Feb 2, 2014, 12:55 AM EST
Once unbeatable on home ice, the Anaheim Ducks have dropped three of their last six games at the Honda Center.
“We haven’t been happy with our game, winning one and losing one. We need to shore that up before the break,” said Ducks’ forward Andrew Cogliano, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
The Ducks’ injury situation didn’t improve Saturday, as defenseman Mark Fistric left the game following the first period with a lower-body injury. Initially, the club said his return was questionable, however he did not play another shift after the opening period, according to the NHL.com Time on Ice Report.
The timing of this injury is interesting; Fistric signed a three-year, $3.8 million contract extension with the Ducks on Wednesday.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)