Feb 2, 2014, 12:55 AM EDT
Once unbeatable on home ice, the Anaheim Ducks have dropped three of their last six games at the Honda Center.
“We haven’t been happy with our game, winning one and losing one. We need to shore that up before the break,” said Ducks’ forward Andrew Cogliano, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
The Ducks’ injury situation didn’t improve Saturday, as defenseman Mark Fistric left the game following the first period with a lower-body injury. Initially, the club said his return was questionable, however he did not play another shift after the opening period, according to the NHL.com Time on Ice Report.
The timing of this injury is interesting; Fistric signed a three-year, $3.8 million contract extension with the Ducks on Wednesday.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)