Feb 2, 2014, 12:55 AM EDT
Once unbeatable on home ice, the Anaheim Ducks have dropped three of their last six games at the Honda Center.
“We haven’t been happy with our game, winning one and losing one. We need to shore that up before the break,” said Ducks’ forward Andrew Cogliano, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
The Ducks’ injury situation didn’t improve Saturday, as defenseman Mark Fistric left the game following the first period with a lower-body injury. Initially, the club said his return was questionable, however he did not play another shift after the opening period, according to the NHL.com Time on Ice Report.
The timing of this injury is interesting; Fistric signed a three-year, $3.8 million contract extension with the Ducks on Wednesday.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)