Feb 2, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks face some lineup questions for Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers, but at least they know that Jason Demers can’t go because of a lower-body injury.
Beyond that, CSNBayArea.com lays out a few scenarios.
- Tyler Kennedy is questionable to return from a lower-body ailment that has sidelined him for two games. He skated on Sunday during an off day for the Sharks.
- Head coach Todd McLellan left the door open for a number of different defensemen getting in the mix. He admitted that Matt Tennyson could make his season debut, but also wants veteran Scott Hannan to avoid rust.
“Scotty Hannan, since about the end of November, hasn’t played a lot because of injuries,” McLellan said. “We’d like to get him going on a consistent basis, and get him rolling.”
Tomorrow’s game marks the first of two meetings between the Sharks and Flyers. The two teams play in San Jose on Monday and Philadelphia after the Olympic break on Feb. 27.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)