Feb 2, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks face some lineup questions for Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers, but at least they know that Jason Demers can’t go because of a lower-body injury.
Beyond that, CSNBayArea.com lays out a few scenarios.
- Tyler Kennedy is questionable to return from a lower-body ailment that has sidelined him for two games. He skated on Sunday during an off day for the Sharks.
- Head coach Todd McLellan left the door open for a number of different defensemen getting in the mix. He admitted that Matt Tennyson could make his season debut, but also wants veteran Scott Hannan to avoid rust.
“Scotty Hannan, since about the end of November, hasn’t played a lot because of injuries,” McLellan said. “We’d like to get him going on a consistent basis, and get him rolling.”
Tomorrow’s game marks the first of two meetings between the Sharks and Flyers. The two teams play in San Jose on Monday and Philadelphia after the Olympic break on Feb. 27.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)